Local & Tribal Governments
The information below will be updated as Congress acts and new federal resources become available for Wisconsin communities.
Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA) Public Assistance Program
Eligible applicants include:
- County governments
- Cities, towns and villages
- Tribal governments and organizations
- Certain private-non-profit (PNP) organizations
- Special Districts
- Institutions of higher education
- School districts
Applicants must apply for these grants through the FEMA Grants Portal. The State of Wisconsin and FEMA will then work to approve an applicant once they have submitted their request into the Portal.
The local cost share for projects under this program is 12.5%. The state also covers 12.5%, while the remaining 75% is covered by FEMA.
Examples of projects and activities related to COVID-19 response that are eligible for these grants include:
- Emergency protective measures
- Emergency Operation Centers
- Disinfection of eligible public facilities
- Evacuation and sheltering
- Supplies and commodities, including medical supplies, PPE, and other equipment
- Dissemination of information to the public
- Security, law enforcement, barricades and fencing
- Temporary facilities
- Administrative time spent preparing your request (5% of total award amount)
- Participating in calls/meetings
- Preparing correspondence
- Grants Portal activities
- Collecting and submitting documents
Click here to access applicant briefing materials and other resources to help you prepare and submit your grant requests. FEMA’s Public Assistance Training Section has also released a number of informational videos on the application process which are available here.
Disclaimer: This webpage shares information, email addresses and links to other sites or entities on the Internet that are not maintained by Senator Baldwin. Resources, email addresses and links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by Senator Baldwin of any of the products, services or opinions of the entity or organization or individual. Senator Baldwin bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.